Welcome to the Franklin Township Fire Department. The Franklin Township Fire Department serves its community with approximately 50 dedicated, state certified on call volunteers who run out of 2 stations. These volunteers provide emergency fire protection to approximately 27,000 residents within the 33 square miles which make up Franklin Township.
The Franklin Township Fire Department has been protecting Franklin Township citizens since July 24, 1969 when the Hunter Volunteer Fire Department began operations. On July 1, 1970 what is now Station 19 in Hunter was dedicated and fully independent operations began with the first two pieces of equipment, a 1956 Dodge Front-Mount Engine and a 1956 Pontiac Ambulance.